Calisthenics is a unique kind of workout, which focuses on using your body weight to keep you in shape. The main advantage of Calisthenics is that you don’t need any expensive gym equipment to exercise. It can be done at any time and any place, without the help of any tools.
Callisthenic exercises can be performed by people with all kinds of health targets. It can also be done by people from all age groups. Professional athletes practice them to increase their strength. If you are looking to lose weight, then you can try them out as well. And even if you don’t have any specific target and just want to stay healthy, then also callisthenic exercises will be able to help you out.
Some of the best calisthenics exercises are:
- Burpees: This is the last exercise to lose weight. It is also pretty easy to do burpees. Just follow these simple steps:
- Before you start, stand in a perfectly straight position.
- Then, jump down into the squat posture. Place your hands ahead of your legs.
- Now jump forward and get into the plank position.
- Then jump backward into the squat posture.
- Keep on repeating this for around fifteen times. For better results, you can also do a pushup instead of a plank.
- 1 Leg Push-up: Normal Pushups are good enough to keep you in shape. But you can push yourself further, and try to do 1 leg push-ups. It helps to strengthen your back muscles and your shoulders.
- Planks: This is one of the most simple but an extremely effective exercise. It does wonders for your core. Try to stay in the plank position for around 4 or 5 minutes. To increase the difficulty level, you can also lift one of your arms or legs.
However, before starting calisthenics, you need to keep some things in mind:
- It takes time: Calisthenics is not an overnight process. You need to be patient. If you didn’t lead an active lifestyle before and are starting out, then you may have to wait for around six months, before experiencing a change.
- Stick to a schedule: You need to be consistent with your training. Callisthenic exercises can be done at any time of the day. But, you should fix a time and try to follow it every day. Because if you don’t follow a routine, you won’t be able to maintain it in the long run.
- Don’t over exercise: When you are just starting out, try to keep things simple. Just 4 or 5 Calisthenics exercises per day are good enough. You don’t have to push yourself to the limit always. Over exercising will stress you out and may also lead to injuries.
- Get your techniques right: It is very important to perfect your technique. Otherwise, it may result in injuries. For example, if you don’t do the squats properly, then it can lead to knee troubles.
Check out this calisthenics workout plan – street workout training to learn more. It may take some time to get used to Calisthenics exercises. But once you become habituated to them, you don’t have to worry about any health issues.